HOW TO CLEAN A GAS STOVE
For this maintenance project, you will need:
- A spray bottle
- A dish sponge
- Paper towel
- Dish soap
Cleaning the gas stove
- Fill a large bucket or sink with warm, soapy water.
- Remove the grates and burners, placing them in the water to soak. Leave these for half an hour.
- You may need to rotate the grates at the 15 minute mark, to allow full coverage.
- Whilst these are soaking, fill a spray bottle with a white vinegar, and use this to carefully spray down the stovetop.
- Allow this to sit for 20 minutes before using dish soap and a scourer to remove grease and debris.
- Wipe clean with paper towel. Repeat if needed.
- Finally, remove the stove components, scrubbing off any loose material with a sponge, before allowing to dry completely before reassembling.
Scrub in the direction of the stainless steel grain, as this will ensure you don’t end up with swirl marks.