- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Major)
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow of the Meyers Briggs Type Indicator Professional Accreditation Program
Over 17 years’ experience as a non-executive director of unlisted public companies, not-for-profits and government organisations. Has a range of specialised skill sets in the areas of governance, risk, strategy development, stakeholder relations and finance. Has held various board and committee memberships which have relied on these skills and his financial and accounting qualifications.
Paul’s leadership roles span over 30 years, with 20 years in local government senior management, ranging from Community and Recreation Services to Corporate and Business Services. An acumen for business development led to 10 years as CEO of Newcastle Airport leading its evolution as a major regional economic driver providing excellent shareholder returns, significantly enhanced access and connectivity through the ongoing development of a well-regarded, vital community asset.
Paul has had extensive dealings with all levels of Government. This includes participating in a number of local, state and Commonwealth government reviews and committees. He is currently the principal of a consultancy to various tourism, government, wine industry and aviation clients as well as offering individual coaching and mentoring support.
- Parent Board Member
- Home in Place (Qld) Board Member
- Chair of Finance and Audit Committee
- Member of Governance, Remuneration and Nominations Committee
- Member of the International Expansion Committee
Board Member since 2017