How do I appeal a decision?
If you are a Home in Place tenant or applicant for housing, and unhappy about our decision, you can appeal our decisions through our internal appeals process.
How do I lodge an appeal?
- Download the Appeal Request Form HERE or obtain a copy from your local branch office.
- Lodge the Appeal Form at your branch office or via post to Home in Place PO Box 58 Wickham NSW 2293 – including supporting documentation and any new information since the original decision. You will receive a letter confirming receipt of your appeal as soon as practicable and advisement of what will happen next.
- You can request an interview, if deemed necessary, you can bring a friend or advocate for help or support. Please advise Home in Place if you require an interpreter.
- Your Appeal Request will be reviewed by management and then, if required, will be referred to the Home in Place Internal Review Committee for determination. You will be notified, in writing, of the outcome of the review.
The following information is important to remember about our appeals system
- The process of assessing and completing appeals will take no longer than 28 days from the date of receipt, if a delay is to occur, Home in Place will notify you of the expected timeframe and reasons for this.
- You have the right to use an advocate or a friend to assist you throughout the process.
- Appeals received will be recorded in an appropriate manner.
- The Appeals process will be communicated to applicants and tenants in appropriate formats.
- Home in Place will respond to all complaints and appeals in a confidential, effective, and timely manner.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your appeal, Home in Place will provide information on the other avenues available to you.
For more information please refer to our Policies page.